Monday, February 17, 2014

Liebster Blog Award!

 
THANK YOU THANK YOU to Vilena from Classroom In Paradise for nominating me for the Liebster blog award.

 According to Vilena's blog - the Liebster Award is an award for new blogs. Liebster is a German word that means: BELOVED, CUTE, LOVELY, DEAREST, and WELCOME.

To accept the nomination I must:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator (Vilena)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them

Here are my nominations!

1.Techie Turtle Teacher - This blog is not necessarily "new." It was created last year, but I just love reading her posts. Every Tuesday, she has a "Tech Tip Tuesday" linky. So great to get weekly technology tips! It's so hard to keep up as technology is ever changing! :)

Techie Turtle Teacher

2. Hanging Out With Mrs. Strout is SO early childhood friendly. Her blog features many fabulous ideas to keep those littles engaged. Can't wait to read more posts from her!
 
Hanging Out With Mrs. Strout

3. Dynamic Dual Language provides incredible resources for dual language classrooms and lots of fun phonics activities as well!
 Check out my Facebook page!

4. Creative Teaching Supplies is a wonderful blog from Australia! Her timeline is a little different than ours in the US, but she still has some FABULOUS ideas to borrow! :)


5. Strawberry Shake has some pretty great Social Studies and Science resources as well!!

Strawberry Shake 
Now for the questions from Vilena...
  
1) How do you spend your free time?
Lately, I have just been obsessively watching The Walking Dead....only took me a little over a week to watch all 3+ seasons. (I know, I have a problem...). Other than that I spend time with my husband and my puppies!
2) How do you juggle your family life, teaching, blogging and creating lessons? Do you use a planner?
I just got married in November and my husband works fairly late, so I am lucky to have a lot of time alone at the house where I can come home from work, work on my TpT materials and blog before he gets home. I've also gotten pretty good with time management to where I can usually handle all of my teaching stuff before or during school hours (plan periods are the best!).
3) Do you work out?
I worked out EVERY SINGLE DAY before my wedding and was in such good shape...and then I got married...and now I haven't been in three months. But I swear today is the day I'm going back....!!!! :)
4) Are you scared of anything?
I have an irrational fear of any noise in the house. I am convinced that it is a murder...zombie..etc.
5) Describe yourself in 5 words.
Talkative. Boring. Smart. Caring. Nerdy.
6) Cake or chips?
CAKE. Do you think that is why I've gained 10 pounds since I got married?
7) What was your favorite toy as a kid?
I remember loving the game of Life. And then I loved the computer game The Sims whenever it came out.... I'm a nerd, okay? :)
8) What is your biggest achievement in life?
Bagging my handsome husband.
9) Your funniest moment in the classroom.
Oh my goodness...how am I supposed to pick just one when I teach Kindergarten??? Last week my sweetie with a speech impediment was reading classroom names and pronounced "Phoenix" like "Pee-nix." You can imagine what followed. I had to hold in my laughter!
10) Your celebrity crush.
PEETA! Is Josh Hutchinson his real name? I don't really care. I would want to call him Peeta.
11) If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?
1. To go to Disney World (and Harry Potter World) ASAP. 2. To magically have the money to trade in my sweet 1999 ride for a new one! 3. To be able to eat all the cake I want without gaining 10 pounds. :)

11 random facts about myself...
1. I was TERRIFIED of dogs until I got one of my own.
2. I now have TWO sweet dogs, Maisie and Cooper.
3. I have been married three months. (best three months of my life!)
4. I JAM in the car when I am alone...or with friends..doesn't really matter much to me.
5. I will pretty much eat anything sweet.
6. I hate grocery shopping.
7. I sleep on my stomach with my arms underneath me. An adult swaddler.
8. I have only taught for two years.
9. I am 5'11. (but I frequently claim to be 5'10 because I think it sounds better)
10. I can never find shoes that fit my big ole feet.
11. I still text my mom every single day. 

Here are my questions for the nominees...
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. Coffee or Pop?
3. What inspired you to start blogging or join TpT?
4. What is your favorite thing to teach in the classroom?
5. What made you want to become a teacher?
6. What grade do you teach currently/What grades have you taught in the past?
7. What is your go-to, favorite outfit to wear to school?
8. What is your favorite thing to do after school?
9. How often a week do you update your blog?
10. What do you do with your summers?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve in your classroom?

I am looking forward to reading everyone's answers. Good luck! :)

Mrs. Briggs.  

1 comment: